The Center for Hope and Healing [formerly Hardy and Stephens Counseling Associates] is a group counseling practice with a Christian perspective. We believe the deepest healing comes from treating the whole person – body, mind and spirit.
We are a multi-disciplinary team of mental health professionals providing counseling services to children, adolescents, adults and families. We believe in providing exceptional counseling services from a Christian perspective with integrity and excellence. Treatment objectives are focused on empowering clients toward emotional and spiritual healing by equipping them with tools and information to integrate their physical, mental and spiritual health.
If you identify with any of the following, counseling may be a good option:
- feeling sad, tired or moody
- uninterested in things that usually interest you
- trouble staying asleep
- feel panicked, anxious and fearful most or all of the time
- troubled by thoughts and memories from the past
- in a relationship in which you are, or have been, abused physically, sexually or emotionally
- are a caregiver for someone with anxiety, depression or dealing with addiction
- find your family, friends, or job jeopardized by your actions or feelings
- dissatisfied, poor communication, or frequent conflict with your spouse or partner
- experience tension, confusion and anger in your relationship with your children
- in the midst of a major life event such as; loss of a loved one, marriage, divorce, caring for aging parents, work stress, loss of employment or a move to a new location
- feel direction-less, uncertain of what you believe or what life means
- feel separated from God and/or your faith community
If you have a flexible schedule we can generally get you scheduled within a week or two of your initial call. However, if you have requested a certain therapist, requested specialties or for specific days/times, there may be more of a wait. Some therapists have limited evening and weekend appointments available in addition to our regular business hours. These high demand times may also be longer to get scheduled.
Ultimately, it’s up to you! Most people choose to be seen once a week, especially at first. This ensures enough frequency and consistency so you can experience maximum change.
Every person is unique and the length of treatment depends upon several variables. The issues you would like to work on and the pace that you choose to work on them will influence how long your therapy journey will take.
Yes! The match between you and your therapist is vital to the success of your therapy! Things to consider when choosing a therapist:
- Which therapist works with your area of concern?
- Which therapist accepts your insurance, (if we are to bill using insurance)?
- Which therapist is available during any specific days or specific times of day needed to accommodate your schedule?
- What are the credentials, specialties and experience of any therapist you may be interested in?
Client confidentiality is very important to us at Hardy & Stephens and your right to privacy is protected by law. No one, besides your therapist and our support staff, will know you are in therapy unless you tell them. The one exception may be if you have been referred to therapy by your employer or law enforcement. We never share your information with or contact anyone unless you request us to and give your written consent to do that.
- We offer a Time Of Service discount fee for clients that do not have or choose not to use insurance. The Time Of Service fee is based on our sliding fee scale and ranges from $80 – $175 per session, depending on gross annual household income.
- The cost of therapy depends on your insurance benefits. Some plans have a co-pay and some have a deductible that must be met before your benefits kick in. Our Billing & Insurance specialist is happy to check on your benefits for you. Although we do our best to accurately look up your benefits, we cannot guarantee the information. Ultimately it is the client’s responsibility to know their benefits by calling their insurance company.
- Please call your insurance company to find out what your insurance coverage is. We will also call your insurance to confirm benefit information before your first appointment.
For questions regarding billing:
- Ask for Stephanie to get answers to questions about statements that are sent out or any other billing questions or concerns.
Call our office at (763)633-5111 as early as possible. We do require a 24 hour notice for cancellations to insure not being charged. It is our policy to bill $50 per session when a client cancels without a 24 hour notice or $100 when a client simply does not show up for their scheduled appointment. As a courtesy to our clients we send out reminder texts or emails 2 days in advance as well as 2 hours in advance to verify time and date of your appointment.
There are 24 hour crisis hotline numbers that are staffed with mental health professionals you can talk to night or day. Here are a few of them:
Call 911 or go to the nearest Hospital Emergency Room with a psychiatric care unit for evaluation. Closest hospitals are:
- Mercy Hospital (763)236-7911
- Cambridge Medical Center (763)689-7723
- St Cloud emergency Trauma unit (320)255-5656